That famous fan made Genesis/Sega CD RPG is now out for PS3, PS4, Steam and Ouya! It’s an excellent game. It plays like Lunar.
Pier Solar HD Now Available on PS4, PS3, PC, Ouya
Great news for fans of Sega Genesis games who don’t actually want to play them on a Sega Genesis, as Pier Solar HD has been released today for PS4, PS3, PC and Ouya. From the adorably named WaterMelon, Pier Solar HD is a remake of the 2010 Sega Genesis turn-based RPG — the only freshly developed game on the console so far this millennium.
Check back later in the week for our review and scope the features below:
- A 100% Original RPG! Pier Solar was developed from the ground up. An original world, storyline, soundtrack, characters, enemies, and battle style. No ports, translations or copying from any other game – it’s all fresh! The first original 16-bit RPG to do this in over a decade!
- A Massive World to Explore! Pier Solar has 50+ hours of gameplay, over 300 locations, nearly 500 unique treasure chests, and over 800 NPCs!
- Director’s cut! Pier Solar expands what was the biggest 16-bit RPG Ever! We released Pier Solar on a custom 64MEG cartridge (the average SEGA Mega Drive/Genesis game size is 12MEG), making it the biggest 16-bit RPG ever! This allowed us to push the 16-bit medium to a precedent setting level, with state-of-the-art aesthetics and things like full-screen cut scenes, background scaling and 3D modes. But Pier Solar HD is more than just a port, the game is getting a Director’s cut, and includes an expanded story with new locations and challenges, that couldn’t fit on its original Sega Genesis/Mega Drive release.
- Epic Battle Tactics! We developed an innovative battle system that puts you in control of up to five characters and includes in-depth strategic moves such as counter-attacks and a special strategy called Gather, which stores energy to unleash even more powerful moves and spells!
- Translated in 6 Languages! Pier Solar is translated in 6 languages: English, Japanese, Spanish, Portuguese, French, and German.
- An Original Soundtrack! A beautiful soundtrack written just for Pier Solar that embodies everything great about a classic retro soundtrack!
– There Are Surprises! We also packed-in many other surprises and secrets like hidden areas and mini-games!
Source: Hardcore Gamer